Mumbai Kidney Foundation (MKF) is an initiative endeavouring to brighten the lives of chronic kidney disease patients. It is a small effort launched on the auspicious occasion of the first World Kidney Day (9th March 2006) for education, prevention, treatment of kidney disease and rehabilitation of kidney patients.
Our mission statement is “SHARING THE BURDEN”
What We Do?
- Conducting health check up camps
- Distribution of educational material
- Conducting lectures and discussions
- Identifying high risk individuals such as hypertensives, diabetics, patients suffering from chronic kidney diseases and counselling them about regular kidney check ups.
- Educating general practitioners regarding early detection and treatment of CKD patients through regular updates and CMEs.
- Help patients understand about prevention of Kidney disease and treatment of CKD
- Creating a support group of CKD patients by organising regular meetings, get together and functions to help them to meet similar patients and discuss common problems.
- Providing subsidy in investigations and consultations with Nephrologists and other allied branches.
- Providing services of medical counsellor, psychologist and dietician at our centres.
- Providing subsidized dialysis.
- Organising blood donation camps.
- Providing food grains and educational help to patient’s children.
- Educating about kidney transplant.
- Conducting health check up camps.
- Providing subsidized transplant medicines.
- Felicitating kidney donors and forming a transplant club by the transplant patients and of the transplant patients.
- Along with like minded foundations such as National Kidney Foundation, Narmada Kidney Foundation and other NGOs to actively make representations to government regarding important CKD related health issues.
- Offering handicap status to dialysis patients, helping them with travel, jobs and subsidies.
- Procuring subsidy and excise duty cuts in dialysis equipments, CAPD (chronic ambulatory peritoneal dialysis) material and drugs.
- Promoting a rational transplant programme.
Dr. Umesh Khanna
Dr. Molina Khanna